Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Description: Reporting to the Senior Technical Operations Manager, the Linux Systems Administrator is responsible for managing Linux/UNIX development and production environments running enterprise level applications. The systems administrator will focus on maintaining high levels of availability and service for the development, staging and production environments.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Support the production and development/staging web infrastructure in environments.
- Respond to monitoring alerts and perform detailed level troubleshooting as needed.
- Support the following applications: Apache (mod_perl/embperl), MySQL Database, Memcached, Interwoven TeamSite and other internally developed applications.
- Create shell/perl scripts as needed.
- Support the release management process through development, staging and production environments.
- Refine and improve the continuous integration process.
- 5-10 years experience with UNIX/Linux (RedHat or CentOS preferred) with deep command line knowledge.
- Extensive experience installing and managing Apache Web Servers.
- Extensive experience with the AWS environment.
- Experience with Salt.
- Familiarity with F5 load balancers.
- Familiarity with MySQL or other relational databases.
- Familiarity with Memcached.
- Networking experience with subnets, routers, DNS, and firewalls.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and apache logs.
·Ability to create project plans.
·Ability to document system configurations and develop operational procedures.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely responsible, hard working and willing to do everything to “get the job done”.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others in a team environment.