As a Sr. Data/BI Scientist, you will be working closely with the clients and our engineering team to build our product that auto-generates actionable business insights. You will be creating algorithms that analyze business data at scale for several different kinds of businesses. You must have an expertise in end-to-end data analytics processes from ETL to executive level presentations.You must also have a deep understanding of customer analytics such as Lifetime Value, Churn, Segmentation, etc.
The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large datasets, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of client data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with both our consumer and business products.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems at scale and identify trends and opportunities for the company
- Inform, influence, support and execute our product decisions and product launches.
- Must have expertise in the following analysis areas:
- Business / Performance Forecasting
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Identifying new levers to help move key metrics
- Monitoring key product metrics
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems
- Influencing product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Communicating state of business, experiment results, etc to product teams
- Spreading best practices to analytics and product teams
- 2+ years experience doing quantitative analysis at a top-tier tech company
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical fields from top-tier institution
- Experience in SQL
- Development experience in Python or R
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses with product and leadership teams
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (ex. R, Pandas) or other methods
- Experience with distributed computing Spark/Hadoop
- Experience with Amazon Redshift and Athena is a plus