Lead Software Tester
Are you passionate about delivering quality software products? Do you have the intellectual curiosity to think of test scenarios that no one else has thought of and to find issues that no one else has seen? Then you may be the right person to join our team. You will be putting your passion, creativity and curiosity to work every day. You will be required to pay close attention to how our software applications work and to ensure that these applications provide impeccable service and experience to our customers. You will need a creative mind to look beyond the requirements, and be persistent towards unraveling defects that are hard to reproduce. You should exhibit great attention to detail, but have a pragmatic approach to prioritizing testing.
- Design, develop and document application test strategies, test plans and test cases based on User Stories and technical specifications for all our product offerings.
- Create, implement and maintain test coverage for our Web and Mobile applications.
- Create and maintain complex and re-usable SQL queries (such as type 2 triggers, all types of joins, aggregations, groupings, analytics functions, etc.).
- Review User stories with the developers, product owner and other stakeholders and clarify any ambiguity ensuring testing conditions are understood.
- Work with Product Owners to define the project's testing methodology and manage the test execution for small to large sized projects.
- Bring an understanding of risk as you work with the team on solving problems and finding solutions.
- Mentor developers on appropriate levels of testing and ensure good quality from your pod.
- Provide guidance and direction to SDETs.
- Setup test environments, collaborate with your pod developers in sizing user stories, create and execute test cases, and when needed provide technical answers to the SDET team
- Strong experience with API testing and the testing of micro services.
- Good knowledge of black box test design techniques. Such as Boundary Value Analysis, Equivalence Partitioning, Error Guessing, Pairwise, State Transition, and Decision Table.
- Experience in various Structural testing method such as, Load, Stress, Performance, Security testing, Scalability testing etc.
- Experience in various Functional testing method such as, Regression Testing, Error Handling Testing, Intersystem Testing, Control Testing, Parallel Testing etc.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 plus years of software testing experience.
- CSTE or ISTQB certifications (Good to have)
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Zephyr, Bit bucket and Jenkins considered an asset.
- Small, friendly, and highly collaborative team with frequent team building events
- Awesome health coverage with heavy employer contribution
- Highly subsidized Gym membership
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Public Transportation Reimbursement
- 401k with match